Thursday, July 29, 2010

Painting and Play-doh

Today, Katy and I went to the tutoring center. Those kids are just too cute! We worked with the younger kids today. We had a couple tables for watercolor paints, stamp painting for the younger kids, and some very gooey play-doh.


I was so impressed with their artistic abilities. This girl sitting next to me painted the most beautiful butterfly.
And this boy painted a very detailed fly and butterfly.

When I was walking by, I said to this boy, “Are you drawing a heart?” But he corrected me and said, “It’s a black heart.” I thought he was just being very dark, but a little later he was painting a red heart on another piece of paper.

This boy loved, loved, loved Greece. This is the second artwork he painted with a Greek flag. He probably agrees with the Grecian saying “There are two kinds of people in this world, those who are Greek and those who wish they were Greek.”

I’m saving the best for last…my two favorites were at this table. It’s true; I’ve found that almost all countries have them. Yes, that’s right, the mighty mullet has a presence here in Naga too. Some of you might be shocked to see such a young mullet, and I’d agree with you; however, I think the one I saw in South Korea back in ’03 was younger still.

But the mini-mullet wasn’t alone at the tutoring center. No, he was with his friend the little rat tail (tan shirt). The 80s are coming back to the Philippines too.

All and all, we had about 20-25 kids today at the tutoring center for an artistic afternoon. Next week we'll be doing some more crafty fun and conversational English.

1 comment:

  1. The 80's are making a sneaky comeback thru our youth! Eeek!

    ReplyDelete