Monday, August 9, 2010

Leaving a Beach Paradise

Yesterday, was our last day in Bohol. Deiter and I decided to bid the beach farewell. When you are at a place that is so relaxing and peaceful, you want to savor each minute that make up those the final moments of serenity. We watched the wind in the trees and the waves gently crashing on the beach.

While enjoying the calm of the morning, we found a new little friend scampering across the sand. To Deiter, I said, "I shall call him Calvin the crab."

Calvin was awfully cute crossing the beach. I’ve never really held a crab that wasn’t sitting lifeless on a dinner plate, so I decided that I’d try something new and pick up Calvin the crab. As my hand got closer to it, Calvin crawled back into his shell to try and hide from me. I picked up his shell and placed it on my bag. As soon as I removed my hand, he would crawl out of his shell enough to start scampering away as fast he could. We played this game a few times so I could get a photo of him walking. After I adequately blinded him with my flash, I let him go back to crossing the beach.

This was a very quiet and peaceful resort that I’m glad to have stayed at while in the Philippines. Henry, the German owner really catered divers, making a spot away from all the hustle and bustle of Alona beach.

If you're looking for a place to party all the time, party all the time, Alona is your place where the resorts are literally wall to wall and you share the beach with all sorts of people. But if you are looking for a place that is quiet in the evening, where you can get some sleep and be able to get up early to go diving, or adventuring you better stay at Bohol Sea Resort. Just look at the beautiful grounds…

And the pool and dining area isn’t too bad either…

So long Bohol Sea Resort, I will miss you!

We went out to the pier and jumped on our Supercat back to Cebu City. The seas were not so angry this time and we had no issues with motion sickness. The catamaran had a gentle enough rocking that it made for a nice super catnap.

We were expecting to take the bus home to Naga, but Katy got a text from her family that they were in the city. Vance, David, Mark, and all five members of the STN team where there to pick us up. Apparently, they needed to come to town to finish up some getting their visas and one of the girls needed some emergency dental work. The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. We came home, unpacked, shared our Bohol adventures with the family, and saw the STN team off as they head to a new island.

Katy and her family took a little photo with Brendon before he left. The only one who is missing is Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment