Wednesday, August 11, 2010

So Long Philippines, Hello Tokyo!

This is my final blog post from the Philippines before I fly out to Tokyo. I'll still post some updates while in Tokyo, but I guarantee these two countries will be night and day different.

Katy had to fly out last night and so we drove into Cebu City for dinner at her favorite restaurant, Lemongrass. On the way into town, we noticed that Naga is going to have a new "saloon" in town...for men and women. Whoops! That's supposed to read salon, because they don't serve drinks here, they cut hair.


I also wanted to give you a chance to see a small cross-section of driving in the Philippines because I've only shown you still photos. I got a great clip for you, but it isn't gonna download in time, so I'll try from Tokyo.

Lemongrass may have been the best Thai/Vietnamese restaurant I've ever been to in my life! Don't get me wrong, I love Arawan, but this was amazing! Here is a photo of my plate.

Here we have some sort of really good chicken, beef brisket red curry, pad thai, some sort of fruit salad that had grilled chicken and shrimp, and a nice, spicy tom yum soup.

This drink deserves a photo with Vance and Carol. It was a citrus herb lemonade. It was amazing! I could only drink one thing for the rest of my life, it would be this citrus herb lemonade. This was a great last supper in the Philippines!

I'm going to miss this place and the new friends I've made at the tutoring center, but I'm excited for new adventures in Tokyo.

No comments:

Post a Comment